Saturday, January 15, 2011

When God speaks....

Sadly to say I have never had an intense prayer life....that is until the past year turned my life upside down and I realized that the only person I can truly count on to listen, to love me when I am at my worst, and to uplift me is my Savior...

So I started praying. And praying. And praying. And although this past year has been a complete roller coaster for me, I have always felt like God's hand was controlling everything that happened to me. That always made me feel safe.

So now my life has reached another peak and I am scared to start the journey down the other side. As always, we have irrational fears of the unknown and of change but my fear this time has gone so much farther than that. For the first time in my life (and since I am a control freak this is a BIG DEAL....) I feel like God is speaking to me...telling me to breathe....to be patient....and to give it to him. So I have turned this "crucial" thing over to him knowing that he will protect me and see me through the other side. I can not explain the amount of peace I now feel. My Father knows the plans he has for me and even when I feel like I know what is best, he just calmly guides me towards the right path. So....I submit to the waiting....to allow God to mold me in to the person that I need to be to receive his blessings. He is not saying "No" but he is saying "the time is not right" and I can be at peace with that.

For those select friends that have held my hand and listened to my ramblings over the past few weeks I say a simple, thank you. Your love and support for me speaks volumes. God has blessed with the best of friends!!!

I pray that God is working a blessing right now in the lives of my dear friends and family. For all the good in life...to him be the glory.

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment