Wednesday, January 19, 2011

A big day for Ethan!

I got a call today for Ethan's school saying that they were coming out to his daycare class tomorrow, January 20, 2011, to screen/test him for Pre-K. I ended the call with butterflies...both good and bad.

You see last week I got a letter/report from his teacher saying that her recommendation at this time is that we hold Ethan back a year and have him repeat K-3 and allow him time to catch up with his peers socially...and since he is not potty-trained yet (though Mommy is desperately trying...) she said that might also be a hindrance to his advancement. I thought about this letter A LOT. Prayed about it A LOT. Yes I know Ethan has challenges, yes I know he struggles with language and self-help skills and social interactions, but I also know my child is very bright. Somewhere locked inside that shell there is a very bright little boy. Joey and I have often said "Let's push forward and see where this year takes us..." We have had that same attitude towards Pre-K as well. Ethan has developed leaps and bounds over the past year and I just feel like holding him back and having him be in another class with children younger than him might start a regressive pattern within him. So we push forward...and we pray that he gets accepted in to the program and is allowed time to grow and develop and see where next year (and a Pre-K environment) might take him.

So I ask that all friends and family please say a little prayer. This could be a huge stepping stone for Ethan and it also might quite possibly solidify our being in Savannah for awhile (yet another thing I keep praying on....)

Thanks to everyone who loves this little boy as much as I do.

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment