Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Here without you....

Can it really already be Wednesday? Is Christmas really only a few short days away? Although I treasure the time we have at Christmas, the true meaning of Christmas, the worship with friends and family....this year I know that I will also feel the loneliness of you not being here beside me.

I remember how we would talk about the upcoming holiday. You were always excited about shopping for the kids and all the wonderful toys you were going to help buy them. We would talk about how fun it was going to be when they would wake up and see what Santa had brought. I dont want to go through this Christmas without you. I want to share this wonderful day with you. I want you to be there when the little squeals of delight start and I want you to see the amazement on their little faces. This moment will not be as special without you.

I came across this verse today: "Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever" (Psalm 136:26)....and I started thinking about true enduring love. What it means to me....to actually have an "enduring" love. I love you with an enduring love, Keith. I pray for you constantly, I weep for you and how I wish you were here, and I think of you often hoping that you are well, safe, happy. I want you to know every minute of every day how much I love you...but I know that I can not always be there to tell you or to show you. I want you to know that my love endures.

You once said we suffer for the things that we do. I know that I too am suffering for the things that I have done. I love you so dearly and hope that you never forget how much you are loved or missed.

"Here without you...."

Brittney

1 comment:

  1. Aw girly! That is so sweet. I hope that your Christmas turns into an unforgettable one. Trust that God will lead you where you need to be and that he doesn't want you to suffer. I have had my fair share of heartache in the last couple of years, but I had to look inward when it came down to all of it. God led me BACK to where I should be and I have been very happy;-) I am praying for you girl, do not like to know your heart aches. Love you!

    ReplyDelete