Monday, January 26, 2009

A major pregnant moment...

I am certainly having a major pregnant moment...well let's say a major pregnant day! Thank goodness I have been blessed with the most understanding husband God could have ever created. I think my hormones are just having a hayday right now or something because today has been a day unlike any other the entire 5 months of this pregnancy.
I worked today at an elementary school which is hard because you have to be up at 5:30am and also hard because I do not love that age group. But..the extra money is nice so I forged ahead. Well about mid day I started getting so sleepy that I could hardly keep my eyes open. The lovely 10 and 11 year olds kept coming up to me with ridiculous statements or questions and I found myself staring at the clock wishing time would indeed fly by for once. Finally I get out of there and go to pick up Ethan only for the day to get worse from there. You see, my child has hit the "terrible twos." And you know it's the terrible twos because your night goes something like this:
Walk in the door and child starts screaming for Pablo (a favorite tv character) so you oblige and turn on the show is wanting. 5 minutes later he starts screaming for Super Why (another show he loves) so again you oblige and change the channel for him. You go back to the kitchen, get elbow deep in hamburger meat only to hear your child starting stomping and kicking and once again demanding Pablo. At this point you have washed your hands free of hamburger meat 3 times and your nerves are starting to get tested. So you tackle this issue by turning off the TV and encouraging your child to go play and what are you met with....a full blown temper tantrum because you have just turned off his favorite show. Once mayhem subsides and you attempt to sit down for those hamburgers you have been working on for 2 hours, your child decides that he hates hamburger meat tonight so he is going to refuse to eat anything but fries and vanilla wafers. No matter how hard you struggle, only fries and wafers pass the lips. Once dinner is finally over your nerves are shot, your lucky if you have any hair left, your at your wits end, when in walks your husband from work having missed all of the evenings earlier festivities. Not that your bitter, I mean after all he was working all day, but sometimes it just rattles that last little nerve that is barely hanging on after the all out struggle with your toddler for the past few hours.
Can anyone relate? I am sure I am feeling this extreme because as I mentioned earlier the hormones must be out of whack or something. So you know what wonderful hubby did...made me wash my face and put me in the bed along with the lap top so I can blog it all out and attempt to feel better. And said hubby is currently upstairs bathing devil toddler who has for the moment returned to his normal angelic self.
And to think we are adding another one in to this mix. Oh dear God pray for my nerves and sanity :)
So I do feel better now that I have aired everything out. Writing must be a release. I think I will go enjoy my quiet time in my bed, feet kicked up, pj's on, and maybe have a good cry to get all these crazy hormonal emotions out of my system. Can't wait to feel better in the morning!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment