Wednesday, December 28, 2011

One Great Holiday

Where on earth has 2011 gone. Is that what happens when you find true happiness in your life….the days start to literally fly by. One year ago I was still in Savannah having just celebrated my first Christmas officially “out on my own.” I never would have guessed back then that I would be sitting here today…my life having done a complete 180.

We have truly been blessed this Christmas season. My husband and I are thoroughly enjoying married life, my children are happy and healthy, and God has provided for us immensely through this past year. We are still praying for some financial assistance for Ethan and his medical/therapy needs as they continue to mount and the need for additional services becomes evident as we near the crucial time of preparation for Kindergarten.

December completely flew by and before I could blink it was Christmas morning. We enjoyed many good moments in December, especially celebrating Ethan’s 5th birthday at the local bowling alley. The look of pure joy and excitement on his face was the highlight of the day. This was his first experience at bowling but it most definitely will not be his last. We also attended many Christmas events this season and were able to spend some true quality time with our families.

It has been such a joy this season to really just enjoy each other and our new little family. One of my favorite gifts this season was a precious ornament from my dear sister, Kristen, which symbolized our first Christmas together as a family. As we prepare for 2011 to come to an end, I am so excited about what lies ahead for me and my family in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment