Friday, December 11, 2009

The pain of Divorce

Remember seesaws from when you were a kid.....well I have probably not been on one in 15 years or more....that is until the word DIVORCE entered in to my world. I am living an emotional seesaw where there are days of sunshine and days of total despair.

For those who do not know, and many of you probably do not, Joey and I are getting divorced. Everything should actually be finalized by the end of the year. I will not lay out the details and place blame on either party, but I will say that this is the hardest thing I have ever been through in my life. I hurt for myself, for the memories, but mostly for my precious children. I feel like I am failing them in a critical way. I am being forced to make a decision that my children will have to live with for the rest of their lives.

As far as the future goes.....well it is certainly uncertain. I know the with prayer and time all wounds will heal and we will all move forward. I can only hope that my children are spared from the pain in the end.

On a brighter note, I got a new job. I will be starting as a Probation Officer with the Atlanta Southwest probation office on Wednesday. I am nervous about being a full-time working single mother but I know that God will provide a way when things seem so out of control for me.

Ethan starts seeing his new therapist this Monday and he will have a regular appt with her every Monday at 10am. Speech therapy will start after the first of the year. I would ask that you please continue to pray for him as he has such a long road still ahead.

If you could just lift my family up in your prayers. We are all hurting right now as I am sure you can imagine.

God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Brittney,

    I am so sorry you and your family are going through this. I was in tears reading your heartbreak and pain for yourself and your children. I will be praying for God to comfort you and give you strength as you go from here.

    Much love,
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete